Code of Ethics
Membership to the NZEA requires strict adherence to the following Code of Ethics
- As an embalmer I fully acknowledge my individual and collective obligations to safeguard the public health, especially of those whom I serve, and my mutual responsibility for the proper welfare of the funeral profession.
- I will at all times and in all circumstances vigilantly support the laws of our country, and render service with absolute fidelity, observing the highest standard of competence and dignity.
- I will at all times treat with confidence my business and professional relationships, co-operate with customs of all races, nationalities and creeds, observe the respect due to the deceased and ensure that all services are provided without any form of deception or misleading representation.
- As a member of this association I will share my knowledge and skill with fellow members.
- I will at all times and support high educational standards, improve techniques and encourage scientific research, observe all rules of fair competition and maintain favourable personal relations within our own, and allied professions.
- I will ensure at all times that public announcements are such as will not bring criticism to fellow members and disrepute to our profession.
- As an embalmer I acknowledge my duty to make myself fully conversant with the rules of this association and abide and adhere to them at all times.